IBA trade fair in Munich is a pivotal exhibition for the baking, confectionery and snack industry. The tradeshow was established in 1949 and is held every three years. IBA celebrates the master craftsmanship as well as the latest technology and product trends and is always showcasing the biggest names in the industry, the latest innovations and holds the most important conferences, professional summits and more.
IBA is a very international trade fair. The latest facts and figures show that more than 59% of the exhibitors and 61% of the trade visitors are professionals and companies coming from abroad. In addition 80% of the trade visitors are either industry decision makers, artisan bakery owners or representatives looking to conduct business or share knowledge and contacts with the biggest names in the sector. In addition all trade visitors benefit from the big range of products on display during IBA from baking agents and ingredients to supply chain solutions and services, logistics and information technology.
The event programme during IBA is considered one of the most extensive in the industry and is met with high approval and satisfaction ratings. The main focus points are:
- 2nd International Congress for the global baking industry or iba SUMMIT, covering the full spectrum of products, innovations and solutions in the sector
- SnackTrendS trade show that will cover the eight Snack categories with full range of live demos
- COFFEE WORLD trade show with its main topic "How do coffee machines of different price ranges perform?"
- Day of the German baker where the focus will be on small and medium-sized craft businesses
- iba award ceremonies for the most innovative product and developments in the industry
- iba forum the key knowledge transfer hub, during the trade fair
- Packaging world during IBA – an entire hall dedicated to the modern machines in the packaging sector
With more than 1300 exhibitors, 77,000 visitors from over 160 countries and extensive media coverage, attending IBA in Munich is considered a must by all industry professionals and experts.
Hotels near IBA
- Direct contracts with a great variety of hotels
- Special exhibitor and visitor rates available
- Customised expo travel booking system
- Personal travel management at no extra cost
- Save on average €810 and 25 business hours per booked expo trip
Munich is one of the biggest cities in Europe and even though it has excellent infrastructure and transportation network, during big events like IBA trade fair, finding a suitable accommodation can be difficult.
To make sure you can further your preparations for the event you can submit a hotel reservation request via our form or book directly with our reservation engine.
Take advantage of our exclusive hotel offers during IBA with unmatched in price and proximity to Messe Munich and share the economies of scale we pass to our clients. Send your request today!
|Domestic visitors||28 619||28 013||n/a|
|Foreign visitors||41 184||49 801||n/a|
Travel Info For Iba
Airport: Munich International Airport 33 km
Railway station: München Hauptbahnhof 12 km
Subway station: Messestadt Ost 0.4 km
How to get to Messe Munich
- U-bahn line U2 in the direction of Messestadt Ost. Main stations on U2 are :
- Messestadt Ost (East) station
- Messestadt West station
- Hauptbahnhof station
- Sendlinger Tor station
- S-bahn line S2 drop off on München-Riem station -> connect with bus 190 to Messe Munich
- bus line 228 to "Messestadt Ost" stop
- bus lines 189 and 190 to "Messestadt West" stop
- bus lines 139, 189, 190, 263 and 264 to "Am Messesee" stop
To reach Messe Munich take A94, exit Riem and exit Feldkirchen West. During each event, the New Munich Trade Fair’s traffic control system will guide you to the nearest available parking area.
- GPS coordinates: latitude 48.134962 ; longitude 11.695547
We can help with your airport transfer or Rent a Car in Munich during IBAairport transfer or rent a car
Triskel Marine Ltd
Booked for: BOOT 2018
Booked for: Medica 2017
E2W Manufacturing Group Limited
Booked for: PAPEREX India 2017
Emilam Industries LLC
Booked for: interzum 2017
Maison Boinaud SAS
Booked for: ProWein 2017
Principe di Piemonte Spa
Booked for: Incentive & Meetings Travel Show Frankfurt 2017
Blue Yonder GmbH
Booked for: EuroShop 2017
Le Maitre Ltd
Booked for: Prolight + Sound 2017
PONT SUR SAMBRE POWER
Booked for: E-world energy & water 2018