In 1947 economic of Germany after war was weaker, and many workers needs to follow again the passion for reconstruct the name of country for the rest of the world. That’s how was born “Deutsche Messe-und Ausstellungs-AG”. At the same year graphic artist Paul Rademacher created overnight the symbol and face of Hanover Messe “Head of Greek God of trade and commerce”- Hermes.
Three years later in 1950 – foreign exhibitors took part in event called “Deutsche – Industrie – Messe”. In 1961 the name was changed to “Hanover Messe”. That message to world, claims how proud are citizens of Hanover with the role of the city in a postwar industrial upturn.
“Deutsche Messe” or Hannover Fairground now is the largest exhibition centre of the world and it’s also called “the miracle of economics”. With 58,000 m2 area and 466,100 m2 indoor space, 26 halls, green areas and chill out zones, this centre is place of one of most outstanding trade fairs like CeBit, EuroBlech, Domotex.
Product category of Hannover Fairground includes:
- Economic services for global business (Global Business & Markets)
- Innovative supply solutions and lightweight construction (Industrial Supply)
- Integrated automation, industrial IT, drive technology and fluid technology (IAMD)
- Integrated energy systems and mobility (Energy)
- Integrated processes and IT solutions (Digital Factory)
- Job market, training, further education and qualification (Job & Career, WoMenPower)
- Offers for industrial startups (Young Tech Enterprise)
- Research and development (Research & Technology)
With excellent infrastructure and perfect service, Hannover Fairground is an inspiration for many other exhibition centres around of the world.
Airport: Hannover Airport 27.9 km
Railway station: Hannover Hauptbahnhof 8.6 km
Subway station: Hannover Messe/Laatzen 1 km
How to get to Hanover Fairground
S-Bahn lines S4, S8 -> on station Hannover Messe/Laatzen and walk 10 minutes to the venue. In addition there are intercity express and regional express trains to this station.
- by tram
- rail lines R10 and R11 to Hannover Messe/Laatzen
- lines 8 and 18 to Messe Nord station
- lines 6 and 16 to Messe Ost station
- use bus line 340 and 341 to Gutenbergstraße stop (south Messe area) or Hannover Messe/Laatzen stop (west 1 Messe area)
From motorways A7 and A2 take the exit to motorway A37, leading you directly to Hannover Messe. A total of 50,000 parking lots are spread around the venue.
- GPS coordinates: latitude 52.329319 ; longitude 9.809224
We can help with your airport transfer or Rent a Car in Hannover during your visitairport transfer or rent a car
|Event||Branch||Start date||End date|
|EuroBLECH||Foundry, Metallurgy, Metalworking, Welding Technologies, Hardware Tools||23.10.2018||26.10.2018|
|EuroTier||Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Vinuculture, Fisheries, Animal Breeding||13.11.2018||16.11.2018|
|Pferd & Jagd||Sporting Goods||06.12.2018||09.12.2018|
|DOMOTEX Hannover||Textiles, Fabrics and Home Textiles, Textile and Clothing Machinery||11.01.2019||14.01.2019|
|abf||Tourism and Travel||30.01.2019||03.02.2019|
Address: Messegelände, Hannover, Germany
GPS: 52.329319, 9.809224
Founded in: 1947
Total area: 520 000 m2
Rooms & halls: 26