Photokina is a leading trade fair for the worldwide photo industry. It is held every two years at Messe Cologne and attracts massive crowds of over 100,000 trade and public visitors and 1,000 exhibiting companies. The event is the largest in terms of scale and attendance for the photo and video sectors. It is focused on the imaging industry both from professional and amateur point of view. Photokina offers solutions to businesses for printing, storage, sharing and presenting.
To keep up with the constant evolution and improving of the industry, photokina has changed its format several times. To reflect on the sector's development the organisers of photokina 2018 have distinguished five separate platforms. These include:
- Capturing – follows the process of image capturing. Exhibitors will showcase innovative cameras and lenses. Additional elements will include studio and outdoor equipment and accessories.
- Lighting – a platform which supports different light sources, flashes and studio lighting.
- Creating – a part of the fair which main purpose is to bring image processing and software solutions to the visitors.
- Sharing – one of the most popular topics of today which brings cloud technology for image and data storage and transfer under the spotlight.
- Presenting – everything for presenting of images for marketing or scientific purposes – printing, publishing, projection for both business clients and homeowners.
In 2014, Photokina introduced the “theme world” focus, that will aim not only to spotlight the products themselves but also the possibilities and opportunities the end user can have. The fair is also very influential with the younger generation and has a special “Fun and Action” program featuring various social networking events, contests and pure fun activities.
The World of imaging has reached a new high with Photokina and the exhibition is considered a must attend for all business professionals.
Hotels near photokina
- Direct contracts with a great variety of hotels
- Special exhibitor and visitor rates available
- Customised expo travel booking system
- Personal travel management at no extra cost
- Save on average €810 and 25 business hours per booked expo trip
Photokina is a very big event and most of the hotels near the venue and in Cologne city centre are fully booked 3 to 4 months prior the exhibition. We at Fair Point GmbH have exclusive hotel contracts, and can help you find suitable business accommodation during the fair.
Fill our hotel reservation form and we will present you with accommodation options that will meet your business needs at the best price.
Book your stay for photokina 2019
|Domestic exhibitors||total: 983||n/a||n/a|
|Domestic visitors||total: 191 000||n/a||n/a|
Travel Info For Photokina
Airport: Cologne Bonn Airport 13.5 km
Railway station: Köln Hauptbahnhof 4.1 km
Subway station: Köln, Deutz Bf Deutz/Messeplatz 1.4 km
How to get to Messe Cologne
Cologne Messe is directly adjacent to Köln Messe/Deutz train station to the south. The station has ICE connections by Deutsche Bahn, to Köln Hauptbahnhof and Cologne/Bonn Airport.
Stations near the Koelnmesse:
- Entrance South:
- S-Bahn: S6, S11, S12, S13 drop off on Köln Messe/Deutz
- Tram and subway: Line 1 and 9 drop off on Deutz/Messe (U)
- Entrance East, West, North:
- Köln-Deutz train station - Line 3 and 4
Ten highways lead into Cologne’s beltway, bringing you directly to Koelnmesse without junctions. There are 14,500 parking lots around the exhibition centre and free shuttle buses are available to the venue.
GPS coordinates: latitude 50.947086 ; longitude 6.982777
We can help with your airport transfer or Rent a Car in Cologne during photokinaairport transfer or rent a car
Booked for: ANGA COM 2017
Booked for: dmexco 2018
AUTOZONE HOLDINGS PTY LTD
Booked for: Automechanika 2018
Umar Shipping Services Ltd | WSR Services Ltd
Booked for: SMM 2018
Vossko GmbH & Co. KG
Booked for: PLMA 2018
Booked for: OutDoor 2018
Enjoy Tire Co Ltd.
Booked for: The Tire Cologne 2018
HyPlat Pty Ltd
Booked for: Hannover Messe 2018
Booked for: Monaco Yacht Show 2018